Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to stashing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting supplier. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a peek at these. Doing so, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a site, mail aliases, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by particular hosts, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the load between different sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different web page hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you would like to share an enormous number of images with buddies or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to administering your e-mails. Some corporations provide web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to own as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to run a website. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email box accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content only.